OnStartups

Total Pageviews

Sponsored Ad

Mashable!

Start-ups & VC

Google Photos Blog

UltraDNS - DNS Matters - Blog

Ignite Social Media

Todays Clouds

ChaiDomains.com

Eye-Fi

Displaying items by tag: joomla

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Winning Spirits Can Never Truly Be Extinguished.



“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”- Eleanor Roosevelt


No the picture is not of Jacob Preuss, rather it is of Lance Armstrong at the Arc de Triomphe. May Yakov (Jacob) Preuss take his place in that spiritual Arc de Triomphe amongst the other champions with home his spirit belongs.


Winning Spirits Can Never Truly Be Extinguished.
Aharon Moshe (Stephen) Sanders- June 30, 2011 8:10 pm AhMbDvd

The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized during the lifetime of the opportunity.

I have been aware of the quote below for I would say a little over three years now. Although I grabbed it from an unlikely source, a forum on oil and other business markets trading, the quote is attributed to Leonard Ravenhill ( a member if the clergy).


A fellow I knew as a strong acquaintance was killed last night in tragic hit and run. The Rabbi who delivered the eulogy talked about a man who died while doing what he loved. Indeed I had seen this man clearly put in the outstanding effort of really turning on the juice at the Gym on the life cycle (stationary bicycle) while I was taking it slow and steady -no where near as in shape as this fellow who clearly had a good 20 years on me.

My Trades On US majors, Forex & Oil | Trade2Win Forums: "'The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized during the lifetime of the opportunity.'"

Yet cycling was what this man did to stay in shape, in truth he very quick and sharp mind. The thing is he was not living his life in some sort of delay mode, he was doing what he was passionate right now.
           Jacob Preuss, should be remembered for his easy nature,
                        kind smile quick mind and great sense of humor. You will be missed. 


Photo Above from: NY-Entrepreneur-Network.com


The man had dreams, goals and plans. He was writing a book, he had some venture ideas, we had exchanged a few e-mails on linked in. The difference I realized maybe only maybe only about two years ago, is that a great idea, a grand plan, an beautiful dream or vision would be nothing more than simple musings, a dream you forget as soon as you wake up. The property of your intellect, Intellectual Property, really does not have any intrinsic value at all, until you take a chance and try to develop it, nurture and indeed try to share it and explain it to others.

My friend Yakov (I knew him more casually as Jacob) seemed to know that his insights came to him to be shared. He had ambitions, things he wanted to accomplish.


The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized during the lifetime of the opportunity. When you google the phrase you find plenty of money centered ideas, yet you also find an equal number of references in the area of spirituality. Carpe Diem, sieze the day is more about putting a plan into action, not waiting, not procrastinating.
Many of know some of the principles of The Secret, the laws of attraction. The film runs sort of like a long infomercial yet the 800 number never pops up. No one is told that if they act now they will get the steak knives.

I always try to grab something good from some tragic circumstance the quote and this article is partly about being the person who take decisive action. Its partly about living the life one wants and dreams of now.

Its also about taking chances. Doing what you feel is your thing to do. Not being overly fearful:

A lot of people I know are more fearful of making a wrong move than making no move at all. Not me. I’ve been alive long enough to know that if I just sit at the intersection after God has given a green light, He’ll only honk a few times before He passes me by in the other lane. From Steven Furtick.com
    

All these words are not just about my friend Jacob Preuss who's face I remember smiling in Shul on Purim and putting his leg up on a chair as he made his way to shul despite his injured foot. I remember him as a guy who you not dream of saying "hey come on how you gonna do that?" The man believed in himself and in his dreams.

I have learned much from my friends in the frum community of Passaic, I have my plans and my dreams and my goal. We all are here to do the thing we are meant to do. I have not yet become the man he does more than he thinks about, I get inspired and make my attempts, but then I try to and yes it easy to fall back down.

Lofty thoughts will not help you keep your head above water.-Stephen C. Sanders June 30, 2011.










Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.









Unknown
Quotations by unknown authors




Yes dreaming is beautiful thing, yet we have things that require us to talk about it. Put it out there, share your plans and goals. An entire lifetime of sitting on the sidelines and musing about a beautiful life I could have will not really get me any closer to my goal. The minutes, hour, day, weeks, and years slip by, and there we sit on the sidelines dreaming.

I wonder what would happen, if I spent one hour from every day, doing something to move me closer to my dream. I think I am about to find out.

Jacob Preuss carefree smile and and generally happy way will be missed, he was one of those people I wanted to follow up, send him another e-mail, find out what he was planning. These days you do not find so many people actively planning or discussing or working on some great goal, no Jacob had a rare quality, and a firm belief in his ability to do it.

One careless driver, cut short the life of that cheerful man, who had a plan, a dream, a goal, something to say and something to share. We can find some solace in that he did not live so long as to become disillusioned, like so many of grapple with these ideas daily. Will it work, will it fly? We can never know until we try.


Aharon Moshe (Stephen) Sanders- June 30, 2011 8:10 pm AhMbDvd

2 comments:

  1. Hellо There. Ӏ found yοur blоg using msn.
    This is an extremely well written article. I wіll make sure
    to bookmaгκ it and return to read morе of your useful info.
    Thankѕ for the рost. I will definіtely return.


    my web blog reputation management

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up, I wish for to subscribe for this blog to obtain newest updates, therefore where can i do it please help out.

    Feel free to surf to my site reputation management

    ReplyDelete

Gabfire Premium Themes