OnStartups

Total Pageviews

Sponsored Ad

Mashable!

Start-ups & VC

Google Photos Blog

UltraDNS - DNS Matters - Blog

Ignite Social Media

Todays Clouds

ChaiDomains.com

Eye-Fi

Displaying items by tag: joomla

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Domain Research - My Marketing Experiment

Domain Research - My Marketing Experiment: "I am interested in finding domains that are related to IP sites…. so I believe I have found the perfect ones. I will post the video I made of the first time I used this script when I decide whether I want the domains or not…. I am still at odds whether a keyword rich domain will help in the search engines or not… You also need to be concerned with the competition of the keyword. Ideally, you want the keyword in quotes to have under 300K competing results"

Editors Note-A guest post from Stephen C. Sanders of TodaysClouds.com July 20, 2011

I find the fact that this particular author was actually able to use definitive number by stating that: "Ideally you want the keyword in quotes to have under 300k competing results".


The choice of that number is in itself a bit of a mystery because it is not correlated with any other factors. The next question that naturally might come up would be how about a minimum number of search results on the phrase "SERP" so that one could understand if there will ever be enough searching on the phrase to justify the purchase of the domain in question in the first first place.




Finally I believe that ideally any person who actually goes in the market place purchasing a domain, should at least at the time of purchase have some concept of how the domain might ever actually be used in market place. In other words if the initial buyer of said domain, might not ever see the domain has having an actual use or purpose, then how might they expect a potential buyer to have so much more imagination? 


I just came up with an inspired title for my own piece so I will therefore cut it off here. 


There truly are many factors to consider when purchasing a domain.





Stephen C. Sanders, July 20, 2011 8:10pm 
TodaysClouds.com
A website not yet fully flying.(Collaborators welcome) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gabfire Premium Themes