OnStartups

Total Pageviews

Sponsored Ad

Mashable!

Start-ups & VC

Google Photos Blog

UltraDNS - DNS Matters - Blog

Ignite Social Media

Todays Clouds

ChaiDomains.com

Eye-Fi

Displaying items by tag: joomla

Thursday, July 21, 2011

twentyfiveautumn.com | you decide….

twentyfiveautumn.com | you decide….: "I found myself in a situation where I needed to exclude a couple of pages from the wp_nav_menu and so I thought I would share how I accomplished this.

The first thing I thought was “there must be a plugin” so I checked wordpress.org and found the Exclude Pages plugin. I wasn’t crazy about adding another plugin but I added it to my localhost development server and it worked like a charm. To my dismay when I uploaded it to the live server here at twentyfiveautumn.com for whatever reason it did not function.

After pulling out a small amount of hair I thought  “I don’t need to exclude the page, I just need it not to show.” So here is how I solved it.

I did an inspect the element with firebug on the page in question and found the IDs for the pages that I did not want to show, in my case page-item-15 and page-item-16.

Then I opened the style.css file for my theme and at the very bottom added:"

1 comment:

  1. Where does one draw the line between what as an author web developer/designer what they are willing or not willing to do in the way of tinkering with code in order to make your web products run te way they should.

    ReplyDelete

Gabfire Premium Themes